Thursday, June 13, 2013

Perfect Quick Guacamole

Wings Market had some soft avocados for 69 cents each on Tuesday so I purchased two of them with an eye to making guacamole.  When I got home I realized that I had already used the jalapeno pepper so I couldn't make the guac that day.  Yesterday was too busy...not one moment left.

Early this morning (3 AM arising this time!)  I was scanning guacamole recipes to see the variations that are out there.  Tonight I decided to go ahead an make ours before the avocados went by. 

Perfect Quick Guacamole


This is what I did:

2 ripe avocados
1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup prepared mild salsa

Place diced onions and avocados in a medium bowl..glass being the best material.  Mash them together, leaving the avocado slightly chunky if you like it that way.  Add chopped cilantro,  lime juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Stir in  prepared mild salsa and mix well. 

Serve immediately with fresh tortilla chips.  Really yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment